10.02.2012

Testimony Tuesday: Savor God's Favor #3

"But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." -Matthew 6: 23-24



Wanting to please God and live for Him conflicts greatly with what satisfies our flesh. We want to be accepted. But the greatest reward in pleasing and living for God is that we are accepted by Him. There are many pressures that we will have to face. But God is faithful. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He has a plan for each of us and He will bring us to our "expected end". This is Testimony Tuesday. It's time to Savor the very Favor of God. Let's go!


Miss Shaw of Louisiana wrote:
As a teenager and young adult, peer pressure has always been a struggle. I went to McKinley High School and desired to fit in. I was a Christian. But my lifestyle didn't say Christian. The light I was displaying was dim all because I wanted to fit in with the world. The world would say it's okay to listen to Trey Songz; It's okay to have sex before marriage; It's okay to kiss a girl. The world encourages you to just try it. The devil is such a smooth talker. Three years in high school and I was a hypocrite. I would pray with people and then curse them out afterwards. 
It was in my last year of high school that God told me that I couldn't serve two masters. God said, "I didn't create you to fit in... but to stand out". 
I fell to my face and asked for a pure heart. To remove everything that is not like Him.
To make a long story short, I was a hypocrite but God still loved me. He is using my story to reach other people and encourage them to let their light really shine. You are never alone! Despite the mess and drama I was in, God still loved me. Man can't love you like God loves you. 
I stand today totally focused on Christ and honored to say God calls me friend.



1 comment:

  1. I'm going to let my little cousin read this!

    ReplyDelete